Let the parade come to you!
Hyack Festival has always been a celebration of people, events, and traditions; bridging communities in the Royal City and beyond. This summer we are asking members of the community to celebrate with us by decorating their front porches. Choose one of our themes as inspiration, or go wild with your own ideas. The purpose of decorating is to unleash your creativity and bring a smile to your friends and neighbours.
Step 1: Register your display!
- Registration is FREE!
- You will be added to our Porch Parade Map.
- As a special thank you, the first 100 Porches in the New Westminster area that register will receive a FREE Hyack Festival Porch Parade lawn sign that will magically appear in your lawn, no need to touch it or interact with anyone.
- The more registered Porches in your neighbourhood, the better your chances are for prizes and awards , so get your neighbours involved too!
Step 2: Decorate Your Porch
- Choose one of our themes as inspiration, or go wild with your own ideas. The point of decorating is to unleash your creativity and inspire hope for your friends and neighbours.
- Porches must be fully decorated by 12 noon on Saturday, June 18, and able to stay up until midnight Saturday, June 26.
- Porches must be appropriate for a family friendly audience.
- Don’t have a porch? No problem! Feel free to decorate your lawn, the sidewalk, a window, or something else visible from the street or sidewalk.
Step 3: Explore, Celebrate, Share
- Check the porch parade map often to see how the celebration is growing!
- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood, take pictures of the Porches you find, and tag us on social to help share the joy! @Hyackfestival.
- The more people who take part, the more celebration there is to share, so get your friends and neighbours involved!